To harness the education and interests of Veterinary Medicine students all around the world, IVSA has various Standing Committees that aim to raise awareness and share recent information and ideas.
IVSA Standing Committee for Animal Welfare – SCAW intends to address one of IVSA’s main objectives: to actively support measures of improving the standard of animal welfare worldwide.
SCAW aims to engage veterinary students on an international scale to increase levels of awareness and education about animal welfare and work towards creating a world in which animal welfare is maintained to the highest standards and animals and humans can live in harmony, whilst also preserving the environment.
Our goals are to:
- Create partnerships with organisations protecting Animal Welfare
- Promote international and local organisations involved in Animal Welfare
- Organise animal welfare workshops, lectures, webinars, etc. at IVSA events or separately
- Encourage and support local MO’s to organise animal welfare events
- Create our Animal Welfare Journal and write articles for other relevant IVSA journals and newsletters
- Provide sources of information and knowledge on Animal Welfare
- Create places of training on Animal Welfare for veterinary students
- Inform students on Animal Welfare opportunities and work with international organizations to create further opportunities
- Work with other Standing Committees of IVSA on shared issues and goals